Ads

Monday, January 2, 2012

A Year That Was

So 2011 has swiftly ended and 2012 is merely 2 days old. I suppose this is the best time to talk about what the previous year was about without effecting my this year. Countdown for 2012 wasn't much different from 2011 as I was single and I was home alone! Well am sure a lot of you guys out there might think I must be sad but it was a nice experience to be home.

Coming back to 2011, it certainly wasn't a year to brag about at all. But I would certainly say that 2011 was a year that I would certainly remember as a year to have taught me the most. Amazing year it was in terms of lessons and experiences that I got from 2011. 

I really can't cover everything with words but I will share as much as I could over here. I have always had a certain problem dealing with people. I normally get branded as "cocky", "idiot", "snob", and I don't know what else. I always complained that sometimes people misunderstand me due to communication break downs but then I realized that mostly I expected from people more than they were willing to show hence all the trouble.

Since I realized that, I've tried to just be myself and only myself by not expecting anything much from whoever I come across. Observing people and things has always been a habit to me so 2011 taught me just to be better at it. So if you met me and I am quiet then it obviously means I am observing so that I can adapt to you. I totally understand that everybody is different hence communication is also a little different so I rather adapt to people than expect people to adapt to me. 

Sometimes I talk a hell lot of things to new people but that's because I am trying to analyze what is their stuff. Well 1 person has to take up the effort, no? So why not it be me instead of waiting right? *wink*

Last year also marked a time when I lost 2 good friends in quick successions 1 after another. A nice couple they were and their departure was a huge shock for that it took me some time to get over it. They were a good example for me and meeting them had got me change a lot of perspective of life.

Betrayal, back-stabbed, robbed, and hurt were among those that really got me down but I think the worst that I felt was when I threw away love. Now I pay the price of being a fool but what doesn't kill you will only make you stronger. That is my tale, so I've grown from last year for sure. 

I know what I need to do and what I must further improve to live the life that I am hoping for. It's not wrong to hope for something because even our brains have a small column for hope hence it's just a natural human habit. Always look the brighter side I was told but I do know that we also have to acknowledge the dark side too in order to be prepared. 

I was never a fan of maths but I did okay in maths. Maths gave me a mindset that there is always a solution for a problem while my working experiences has taught me to also have options to choose. This is how I lead my life right now with added patience which I always lacked. I guess me being almost close to becoming 24 have finally grown up!

I know I keep saying this but doesn't seem like happening but I will try to catch up with more updates! Thank you for all the support that you guys have been giving. Happy new year people!! 

No comments: