Ads

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Day 16 : Your views on mainstream music.

Wow, this is a tough 1 to talk about. I am a music lover but I only listen to music that I find catchy. So basically I don't really support 1 particular band or artist but I support their work. I don't know if I am kinda contradicting myself. *poker face*

However, recently I am really attracted to some youtube talents who do covers of established singers. Though it isn't their own, I find that they produce much better versions compared to the artists themselves. No disrespect to them artists, but sometimes certain type of songs suites better with certain type of music.

For instance, recent hit by Katy Perry - The one that got away. The original version took away the feel of the song as it was too hyped up for quite an emotional song. Then I found 1 version by Boyce Avenue



And via their post, I found Tiffany Alvord & Chester See's cover of the same song and I thought to myself, "OMG! This version is way more complete than any that I ever came across."





This version really carries a lot of emotions in it. If you really understand the lyrics am pretty sure that this version would leave a mark within you. 


Anyways, coming back to the main topic, the music nowdays come in every styles. Some suitable and some aren't. While some you might be thinking " Why the f*** was this even made in the 1st place!" kinda stuff. But however, am sure there are people who enjoy them cause everybody have their own preferences.*wink*

While for me, I listen to any language song as long as it catches my attention. For instance, my phone has English, Korean, Japanese, Tamil, Chinese, Malay, and Spanish songs. So if you know nice songs do share with me! 

Am done with my day 16th post. Though am not quite sure if I even did hit the topic or not. LOL.


More updates coming your way guys!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those covers suck too imo

T.Y said...

Dear anonymous,

I understand that you have your own interest in music but this was based on my own perception. Anyways thanks for the comments. =)